Saturday, September 26, 2015

Becoming even more crunchy.....

Totally psyched! I'm a believer! No more piddling around, whining and grumbling about it! I took the plunge, and the water is perfect!

What am I talking about?

ESSENTIAL OILS!!!

I have chronic migraines, and medicine is just so expensive! I have always been a "I believe in the doctors 100%" kind of person my entire life; but when I had my son, things started changing for me on those views.
I had him via cesarian, because I was pressured by everyone. It was for my son's safety as well, but I felt pressured.
I breastfed for 4 months with struggling lactation issues. I never fought my whole life as hard as I did to breastfeed to the 6 month milestone. That was my first dabble with herbs and such. Like this supplement  and this tea or that tea multiple times a day. Eating oatmeal 4 times a day, pumping every two hours religiously. Never fought so hard...
I still used medicines after we quit breastfeeding, but I wanted to use less... so I set myself on a mission!
When my son got a Baltic amber necklace from The Art of Cure and it worked for his drooly chewy monster phase, I bought one too. I have hip bursitis and arthritis in my lower back. I took Tylenol religiously for years before I got the necklace.
I was amazed.
Over time, I realized I didn't need the Tylenol anymore. Yes, I still hurt a little, but it was bearable. When my hip flares, though, I have to take it and ibuprofen or I can't move. I'd been wanting to reduce my chemical dependence for a long time now, and started with wearing Baltic amber.
I've gone with Aura Cacia essential oils. And it's total love!
My first dive is sweet almond carrier oil, organic peppermint (smells so yummy), spiked lavender, and sweet orange (to die for, seriously!). So far I've rubbed 1.5 oz carrier/30 drops organic peppermint on my temples and it is love. My headache that I've had all day melted from crashing cymbals to quiet waves on the shore. Amazing! I made similar mixes with the sweet orange and spiked lavender. I can't wait to try them out over the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment